Marathon Varna is located in the United States. Information collected on our website and applications is stored in the United States; therefore, your information may become subject to U.S. law. By using the Marathon Varna, you consent to the transfer of your data overseas and across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.. By accessing and using our website and mobile applications, you consent to the transfer of your data in this manner.
1.INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Account Registration. When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number. If you choose to refer a friend to our Services, we may also collect your friend’s email address so that we may send them a referral or promotional code to sign up for our Services.
- Order Information. When you place an order on our website or sign up for a subscription service, we may request that you provide additional information such as your billing and shipping addresses and phone number.
- Payment Information. To facilitate processing of payments on our website, we require you to provide certain financial information (e.g., your credit card number).
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide. We may also receive a confirmation when you open an email from us.
1.1.2.Information You Choose To Provide To Us.
You may choose to provide us with additional information in order to obtain a better user experience when using the Marathon Varna . This additional information will be processed based on your consent.
- Additional Profile Information. You may choose to provide additional information as part of your Marathon Varna , such as gender, first and last name, preferred language, personal description, photographs, videos, health statistics, health goals, etc.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your Marathon Varna and/or BodySpace profile
1.2.INFORMATION WE GET FROM YOUR USE OF OUR PLATFORM(S) AND SERVICES When you use Marathon Varna, we automatically collect information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them, such as information about how you use or interact with our website and mobile applications, view or interact with our ads and content, and information about your computer or mobile device. This information may include:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with our website and mobile applications such as the pages or content you view, your searches, and other actions on Marathon Varna.
- Device Information. We automatically collect device information when you access our website or mobile applications, even if you have not created a Marathon Varna account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type. Additionally, certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation may be sent toMarathon Varna when you install or uninstall a certain service or when a service periodically contacts our servers, such as for updates.
- Local Storage. Marathon Varna may collect and store information – including personal information – locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
- Location Information. When you use our services, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience for things such as personalized content, language preferences, advertising, or search results. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu; however, if you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer. Bodybuilding.com may also collect this information even when you are not using our apps if this connection is enabled through your settings or device permissions.
- Payment Transaction Information. Marathon Varna , or its third-party agents, collects information related to your payment transactions through our website or mobile applications, including the payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date, and billing post code; PayPal or Amazon Pay e-mail address (if such payment method is used); your address; and other related transaction details. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and Bodybuilding.com for provision of payment services.
1.3.Information We Collect From Third Parties
Information we collect from third parties: We may collect information about you from third party services. For example, we may receive information about you when you interact with our site through various social media, for example, by logging in through or liking us on Facebook or following us on Twitter. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on such third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website.
2.HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you register to use our website we need to know your name, postal address, e-mail address & telephone number. To process an order we also need your credit card number and expiry date plus any security details that the credit card processor may require. We gather this information to allow us to process your registration, process any orders you may make and to contact you with information of other products on offer. The relevant information is then used by us to provide you with statements of your account and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your account and the provision of the service in general. We may use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual. We may also wish to provide you with information about special features on our website or any other services or products we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an e-mail message with the word “Delete” in the subject box. We will then delete any such information and cancel your membership. We also keep your information confidential. The internal procedures of Marathon Varna cover storage, access and disclosure of your information
2.1.Provide, Improve, And Develop Marathon Varna Platform(S) And Services
We use the information we collect to provide, improve, and develop Marathon Varna) by, for example:
- Enabling you to access and use Marathon Varna Platform(s) (e.g., website and mobile apps);
- Operating, protecting, improving, and optimizing Marathon Varna’s Platform(s), services, and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research;
- Offering you a personalized experience by, among other things, ranking search results or showing customized ads based on your searches and preferences;
- Enabling you to access and use our payment services (e.g., PayPal, Amazon Pay, etc.) to place orders or sign up for subscriptions;
- Providing customer service via convenient avenues, such as chat; and
- Sending you service or support messages.
3.HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Sharing with third parties
We share information with third-parties that help Marathon Varna operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, support and market our Websites.
Service Providers: We work with third-party service providers to provide application and database services, website development and hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for Marathon Varna, which may require them to access or use information about you. We also share information about you for purposes of delivering a particular Website to you. If a service provider needs to utilize information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under close instruction from Marathon Varna, including policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
Links to Third-Party Sites: Marathon Varna’s Websites may include links that direct you to other websites or services whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you submit information to any of those third-party sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies and not this policy. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies and cookie tracking policies of any website you visit or services you utilize.
Social Media Widgets: The Websites may include links that direct you to other social media websites or services whose privacy practices may differ from ours. Your use of and any information you submit to any of those third-party sites is governed by their privacy policies, not this policy.
Marathon Varna Media Group utilizes several social media channels to deliver messages and advertisements to its audiences, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Adaptive as the delivery mechanism for targeted advertisements. These advertisements are typically sponsored advertisements that are paid for by advertisers of PMG. PMG does not use these platforms or any data from these platforms for targeting or audience segmentation. These functions are performed using PMG systems and the data contained within them to derive targeted audiences. Additionally, Facebook is only used to deliver ads to US and Canadian audiences. Facebook is not used to deliver ads to any countries protected by data protection regulations such as the European Union or Mexico.
Compliance with Enforcement Requests and Applicable Laws; Enforcement of Our Rights: In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a third-party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements, (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) protect the security or integrity of our products and services, (d) protect Marathon Varna our members, or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires Marathon Varna to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
4.THIRD-PARTY PARTNERS & INTEGRATIONS
The Marathon Varna Platform(s) may contain links to third-party websites or services, such as third-party integrations or third-party branded services. Marathon Varna does not own or control any of these third-party partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the third-party providers, Marathon Varna, or both. These third-party providers will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites you visit.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information include firewalls and data encryption; compliance certifications (e.g., annual re-certification of compliance with Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standards); information access control; and thorough security and breach response policies and procedures. In the event of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Marathon Varna account, please contact us following the instructions in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Marathon Varna AND THE EU-US PRIVACY SHIELD
Marathon Varna complies with the EU–US Privacy Shield Framework for personal information transferred to the United States from users in the EU. Under the Framework, Marathon Varna is subject to the Federal Trade Commission’s enforcement powers.
Marathon Varna complies with the EU–US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries.
Marathon Varna has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles to BBB EU Privacy Shield, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint.
Finally, and in certain circumstances, EU individuals may also have the right to invoke binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel. Please see https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=C-Pre-Arbitration-Requirements for more information on the binding arbitration option.
8.ACCOUNT DATA RETENTION
If you hold an account with Marathon Varna, we do not delete the data in your account, unless we receive a request from you to do so. You are responsible for the control and time periods for which you retain this data. There are controls in your account where you can delete data.
9.SAFETY OF MINORS
Use of Marathon Varna’s Platform(s) is not intended for and may not be used by individuals under the age of 13 located in the United States or under the age of 16 if located outside of the United States (or under a lower age if permitted by the laws of their residence). Marathon Varna does not knowingly collect personal data from minors or allow them to register accounts. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a minor, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe this has occurred, please contact privacy@Marathon Varna or our Customer Service department.
Marathon Varna acknowledges your right to access your personal data. Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we must keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (e.g., developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you. If your data is incorrect, incomplete, or irrelevant you can ask to have the information corrected or removed. To access or update your personal information e-mail privacy@Marathon Varna with your current contact information and the personal information you would like to access. We will provide you the personal information requested if reasonably available, or will describe the types of personal information we typically collect.
Customers Located in California
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at privacy@Marathon Varna . For all requests, you must include your full name, street address, city, state, and zip code. We will not accept requests via telephone, postal mail, or facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Customers Located in the EEA
Notwithstanding the above, customers located in the EEA may exercise any of the rights described in this section by sending an e-mail to privacy@Marathon Varna . Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
10.1.Managing Your Information
You may access and update some of your information, including personal information, through your Marathon Varna account settings. If you have chosen to connect your Marathon Varna account to a third-party application, such as Facebook, you can change your settings and remove permission for the app by changing your account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
10.2.Rectification Of Inaccurate Or Incomplete Information
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Marathon Varna account).
10.3.Data Access And Portability
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly-used, and machine-readable format, and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
10.4.Data Retention And Erasure
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide the Marathon VarnaPlatform(s) to you, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your Marathon Varna account. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, Marathon Varna may keep some of your information for tax, legal, and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., product reviews, forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on the Marathon Varna Platform, even after your account is deleted. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because we maintain the Marathon Varna Platform(s) to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
10.5.Withdrawing Consent And Restriction Of Processing
Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by Marathon Varna, you may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your account settings, Cookie Settings, or by sending a communication to Marathon Varna specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. Additionally, in some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular, where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to the processing pursuant to Section 10.6 and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Marathon Varna override your own.
10.6.Objection To Processing
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to require Marathon Varna not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing, Marathon Varna will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claim(s).
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, at any time, ask Marathon Varna to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by updating your Cookie Settings or e-mailing privacy@Marathon Varna .
10.7.Adjusting Your Cookie Preferences
For customers located in the EEA, you may adjust your Cookie Settings at any time by taking the following actions:
- If you are accessing our site via a desktop browser, you can adjust your Cookie Settings by clicking the “Cookie Settings” link in the site footer below.
- If you are accessing our site via a mobile app, or using any of
- PMarathon Varna’s various mobile applications, you may access and adjust your Cookie Settings in the “Settings” menu in the mobile application.
One important note is that if you do go this route, this might adversely impact your ability to use our services effectively. Enables cookies ensures a smoother experience when you use our site or mobile apps. For more information about the cookies we collect and management of your cookie preferences, visit our Cookies Policy.
You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by Marathon Varnabefore the competent data protection authorities in your country.